Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee

Disciplinary Appeal

Case Number: [Office Use Only]

Florida Legislature

Officer Presiding: [Office Use Only]

NAME
Adam Mada

and

GOV. DEPARTMENT (e.g. Florida State Police )
RESPONDENT

**DISCLAIMER: IF POSSIBLE, YOU MUST FIRST APPEAL INTERNALLY WITHIN YOUR DEPARTMENT
YOU MUST BE LISTED AS ACTIVE ON THE FLORIDA STATE POLICE  ROSTER PRIOR TO DISCIPLINE (10 Hours a Week) TO PLACE A SENATE APPEAL**

Information 
Trooper's Name: Adam Mada

Organisation: FHP
Department: DOC
Badge Number (If Applicable): 122

Punishment you were given: 10 Points
Grounds for Appeal (Why should it be overturned)Due to section 3 of the progressive disciplinary measures I did not have an opportunity to defend myself against receiving the 10 points nor was I informed beforehand that I would be receiving the points via text or voice. Me receiving the punishment was done on the forums directly after the punishment report was put in motion. The fact that an appeal can lead to an escalation is one thing this measure was put into place for. By doing this it will put people off from placing appeals in in the future and has a massive detriment on holding supervisors accountable.
Any evidence to support this: No

Have you requested reasons for your discipline (if yes, please paste them as a reply to this appeal): N/A

Do you know the case against you (have you seen the evidence)?: N/A

Do you request the Florida Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee obtain all evidence help by the government in relation to your case?: Yes

Please link your original appeal which must have been denied here: 

Retired Chief Petty Officer,                               Assistant Warden,                                President,                                        Retired LT

United States Coast Guard,                              LT, SRT Deputy Director                      Kingsmen MC Texas                     Florida Fire and Rescue

Station 19                                                           Texas Department of Public Safety 

Customs and Border Protection

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hi @Adam Mada,

Your punishment was increased after review from command, your punishment should never have been as little as a written warning.

As per the Progressive Disciplinary Measures Policy (PDMP), you should preferably be given the chance to defend yourself, however it is not required, the lack of the chance to defend yourself would benefit your appeal if you had any other grounds for this appeal such as exculpatory evidence that was ignored however there is no such evidence and no such argument being made, therefore lack of defense has made no difference on this matter.

You received notice of the punishment via the forums, prior to the punishment report being posted, this meets the criteria as layed out in the PDMP.

At this moment in time, this appeal is denied.

Thank you.