Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee

Disciplinary Appeal

Case Number: [Office Use Only]

Texas Legislature

Officer Presiding: [Office Use Only]

NAME
APPLICANT/Officers Name

and

GOV. DEPARTMENT (e.g. Texas Dept of Public Safety )
RESPONDENT

**DISCLAIMER: IF POSSIBLE, YOU MUST FIRST APPEAL INTERNALLY WITHIN YOUR DEPARTMENT
YOU MUST BE LISTED AS ACTIVE ON THE TEXAS POLICE  ROSTER PRIOR TO DISCIPLINE (10 Hours a Week) TO PLACE A SENATE APPEAL**

Information 
Trooper's Name: James Chappers

Organisation: TxDPS
Department: CBP
Badge Number (If Applicable):164

Punishment you were given: 5 points and 2x demotion
Grounds for Appeal (Why should it be overturned): I arrived at the Austin court house while on my way back to CBP after a 10-80 while i was their i started asking the cops why is the case taking so long, during which i made a joke on whisper to a friend saying isn't Wampa a terrorist (due to all the unflipping and suicide bombings hes done) after which i went to leave when the Judge Matthew Hastings started to shout at me as i went to leave Wampa walked up and threatened to punch me and raised his fists at me in which i responded with something along the lines of "fuck you wampa, you dirty Mexican scum" in which as i then left and went to head back to CBP the judge tried to have me arrested for contempt of court and charge me for 20 months and a 100k fine, in which i am yet to recieve any official DOJ documentation relating to this matter, 

Due too my recent efforts within PD that most cops can attest too i have always strived to make the best out of doc/cbp I believe I should be given the chance to stay as LT and continue my work
Any evidence to support this: ask every cop in pd

Have you requested reasons for your discipline (if yes, please paste them as a reply to this appeal): yes, I was on trial as LT

Do you know the case against you (have you seen the evidence)?: not seen evidence but im aware

Do you request the Texas Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee obtain all evidence help by the government in relation to your case?: yes

Please link your original appeal which must have been denied here

• 2 weeks later...

@James Delgado
The SDAC has reviewed your appeal.
We have found that the punishment was just you behaved unprofessionally in a court room setting. Such behavior is unbecoming of a Lt especially when on a trial period.
You received 2x demotion to to the next rank being filled in the mean time. Additionally the CBP department is closed and there is no Lt spot for you to go back to. 

Alshiq told me the main reason for my punishment was due to pending charges from the doj I've admitted to my unprofessionalism but I worked my ass of for 6 months to make doc great yes I know their is no LT spot for me to take anymore I just wanted my points removed but im over half way served so its pointless now