Case Number: [Office Use Only]

Florida Legislature

Officer Presiding: [Office Use Only]

NAME
Daniel Roberts

and

GOV. DEPARTMENT DOC
RESPONDENT

**DISCLAIMER: IF POSSIBLE, YOU MUST FIRST APPEAL INTERNALLY WITHIN YOUR DEPARTMENT
YOU MUST BE LISTED AS ACTIVE ON THE FLORIDA STATE POLICE  ROSTER PRIOR TO DISCIPLINE (10 Hours a Week) TO PLACE A SENATE APPEAL**

Information 
Trooper's Name: Daniel Roberts

Organisation: Florida Highway Police
Department: DOC
Badge Number (If Applicable): C-242

Punishment you were given: 5 points and 10 warning points plus removal of firearms training
Grounds for Appeal (Why should it be overturned): I was attempting to give a man a ticket under then name of Chow Winslow when I were attacked by James Vega where he took me hostage knocked me over the head with a very sharp any dangerous samurai sword when I woke up from said attack and saw the man I used the right force for the situation and feel like I only done what I felt was right I were contacted nearly a week/ 4 days after the situation at that point I had deleted any footage that I may have been able to use
Any evidence to support this: N/A

Have you requested reasons for your discipline (if yes, please paste them as a reply to this appeal): Yes I have spoken to Matt who leads the department and he told me the reasoning and I just left it as that he told me I could always appeal it here

Do you know the case against you (have you seen the evidence)?: I have not been given any evidence at all regarding the case and when I got told a situation outside modshop occurred with myself I had to ask them for more information base of just how much goes on outside modshop

Do you request the Florida Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee obtain all evidence help by the government in relation to your case?: Yeh I feel like if the video shows him doing something wrong he should be also in trouble for his actions over me being IA reported I feel slightly shadow hunted/attacked by Mr James Vega without fail fairly often

Please link your original appeal which must have been denied here: N/A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Server Manager

Hi Daniel, At this moment your appeal has been denied, your use of force was excessive considering that the threat had downgraded when he stopped brandishing the weapon, you could have taken a less than lethal approach since the threat was no longer immediate, but made no attempt to do so.

Cheers

Archived