Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee

Disciplinary Appeal

Case Number: [Office Use Only]

Kings Peaks Legislature

Officer Presiding: [Office Use Only]

NAME
Alexander Patel

and

GOV. DEPARTMENT (e.g. Alaska State Troopers )
RESPONDENT

**DISCLAIMER: IF POSSIBLE, YOU MUST FIRST APPEAL INTERNALLY WITHIN YOUR DEPARTMENT
YOU MUST BE LISTED AS ACTIVE ON THE ALASKA STATE TROOPER  ROSTER PRIOR TO DISCIPLINE (10 Hours a Week) TO PLACE A SENATE APPEAL**

Information 

Trooper's Name: Alexander Patel

Organisation: AST
Department: Patrol
Badge Number (If Applicable): 167

Punishment you were given: Demotion to Sgt
Grounds for Appeal (Why should it be overturned): I believe it should be overturned because I think that I should get some leniency on this for all that I have done for the AST and also how I handled the situation that I was demoted for. For context I was a hostage at DOC and there was 1 hostage taker with his gun out and his friends had their hands up however they still were armed with their guns in their holsters, after I was released as a hostage they began shooting at all the officers, I began to return fire and after the hostage taker was killed I continued shooting and killed one of the guys with his hands up. I have no excuse for what I did and I don't know why I did it, i was tired and just wasn't thinking. However, right after that situation I immediately clipped my evidence and made a UOF report using my own evidence, basically self reporting myself, and then I also went to my Major and Captain and told them the situation and gave them my evidence also. I believe I should get leniency on this because I immediately reported myself and didn't try to lie, I was completely cooperative in the ACU case and admitted everything. All I ask is for some leniency as I have served in the AST for over 160 days without any punishment and now one mistake ruined everything that I have been working for. I understand that it is a bad look for a Lt to have been punished for something like this and we're supposed to be role models, but although i failed in one aspect I was still a role model in taking responsibility and putting a UOF in and reporting to command. However now people see that there isn't a reason in self reporting as there isn't any leniency given which will just lead to people attempting to hide their mistakes instead of taking responsibility. So please all I ask is that my punishment gets overturned, even if it gets changed to a temporary demotion, or removal of firearms for a long time, just anything so that I don't lose everything that I have worked for over a half year because of a mistake.
Any evidence to support this: The UOF report I put in, ACU interviews, asking Elliot and Pitbull will show that I came directly to them and told them, asking Alexis Sanchez who was on scene shows that I immediately told him it was me who shot the person who had his hands up.

Have you requested reasons for your discipline (if yes, please paste them as a reply to this appeal): No, was told during defense

Do you know the case against you (have you seen the evidence)?: Yes it was my own evidence

Do you request the Kings Peaks Senate Disciplinary Appeal Committee obtain all evidence help by the government in relation to your case?: yes

Please link your original appeal which must have been denied here: https://www.anzus.life/topic/41300-alexander-patel-patrol-disciplinary-appeal/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Lead

@Alexander Patel
After reviewing your SDAC appeal, I have decided to deny your appeal. 
Below I have listed the reasons for the denial. 

- After reviewing the ACU case & all evidence involved, I've come to the conclusion that your shooting of the suspect with his hands up was wrong. 
- You may have not been thinking, however it's never acceptable to shoot someone who is not a direct threat to a member of the public. 
- The usual punishment for killing a suspect that wasn't a threat is possible termination, so please take your punishment as leniency as people have been blacklisted for similar offenses. 

Archived